Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is set to open in spring 2022 at Walt Disney World Resort, and today with the debut of its first commercial, we get a glimpse of what this first-of-its-kind vacation experience will be like. Check it out!
After you’ve watched this one or maybe 10 times, here are a few fun moments that stand out to us:
- We already know the adventure will begin at the Galactic Starcruiser Terminal at Walt Disney World, where Guests will enter a launch pod and head out into space. In this new clip, we watch out a viewport as the pod jumps to hyperspace, followed by the sudden appearance of the Halcyon starcruiser, home base for this immersive two-night adventure in a galaxy far, far away.
- As we learned last week from Disney Imagineers, the dining experience will certainly be a highlight of a stay aboard the starcruiser.
- You see in the commercial how the Resistance is always looking for new recruits – but will Guests choose to join them?
- As our hero’s family rushes into the scene, you get a view out to space over his shoulder, and then a quick look inside the cabin. The sleeping berths we can see are reminiscent of a similar bunk inside the main hold of the Millennium Falcon, no? And those are definitely some nice robes the family is wearing – they look like Jedi ready for action!
- When the camera pulls back, we zoom out the cabin’s viewport and into space – where suddenly TIE fighters dart in and hurl some blaster bolts toward the starcruiser. The Imagineers let us know Guests will be trained in bridge operations as part of our stay on the ship, and its laser cannons may come in handy at some point …
You can also check out our aforementioned conversation with Imagineers all about Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser in the video below.
Voyages Begin Spring 2022
A 2-NIGHT, IMMERSIVE ADVENTURE
See it. Feel it. Live It.
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is a revolutionary new 2-night experience where you are the hero. You and your group will embark on a first-of-its-kind Star Wars adventure that’s your own. It’s the most immersive Star Wars story ever created—one where you live a bespoke experience and journey further into a Star Wars adventure than you ever dreamed possible.
Arrive at the Walt Disney World Resort terminal, board a launch pod and rendezvous with the magnificent Halcyon starcruiser. Stay in a cabin or suite with an exquisite view of space. Throughout the ship, you’ll interact with an eclectic collection of characters, sit down to exotic galactic cuisine and perhaps even plot a secret mission together.
As the itinerary continues, you’ll take the story further and deeper. Choose your path. Seek out the inner workings of the legendary starship, learn the traditional art of wielding a lightsaber and even jump on a transport to the planet Batuu—where your mission continues at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge!
Experience Your Own Star Wars Story
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is like nothing else you’ve ever experienced: part live immersive theater, part themed environment, part culinary extravaganza, part real-life role-playing game—and yet so much more.
As the airlock slides open, your whole world changes.
Step off the launch pod and into your own epic Star Wars story, one where you decide your fate. While your story unfolds, you’ll have the power to choose your path. Will you follow the rule of the First Order or join the Resistance in a secret plot? Strike a bargain with a gang of smugglers or sit back, sip a cocktail and watch it all from a safe distance?
The choice is yours. You are the hero of your very own Star Wars adventure—the most immersive Star Wars experience ever created!
While your choices determine what happens during your Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser adventure, you’ll find something for everyone, including highlights like:
- New and familiar Star Wars Characters need your help and will invite you to delve deeper into the story—interact with them like never before, embark on secret missions and create alliances.
- Wield a lightsaber as you face off against a remote training device.
- Explore the Bridge and operate the ship’s systems and controls.
- Take an exclusive transport to the planet Batuu, where you’ll have the opportunity to engage in unique missions and experiences that extend the story of your adventure.
- Your story may even lead you to discover the inner workings of the ship in the Engineering Room.
Every Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser vacation package includes a 2-night stay in a well-appointed cabin or suite, meals (excluding alcoholic and specialty beverages) and the opportunity to live your Star Wars story through exclusive experiences, missions and activities.
View a sample itinerary that gives you an exciting look at some of the many experiences that you may encounter during your voyage.
The vacation adventure also includes entry to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge—as well as the rest of Disney’s Hollywood Studios—for your planetary excursion to Batuu. Valet parking is also included.
The starcruiser’s famous Crown of Corellia Dining Room is a bright and welcoming hall that offers breakfast and lunch daily, before transitioning each evening into an enticing supper club with a lavish multi-course menu of both otherworldly and familiar origins. Each evening offers a unique combination of elements like live musical entertainment, unfolding story, unforgettable cuisine and other surprises to bring your dinner experience to life.
Cabins and Suites
Enjoy the style, comfort and elegance of your cabin or suite. Cabins and suites feature an amazing view of passing ships, planets, stars and other breathtaking galactic sights.
Your Star Wars Story Begins Aboard the Halcyon Starcruiser
About Chandrila Star Line
During your journey, you will sleep aboard a ship known throughout the galaxy for its glamour and style—crewed by the incomparable interplanetary travel group, Chandrila Star Line.
Chandrila Star Line is renowned throughout the galaxy for its fleet of comfortable and stylish starcruisers, top-tier service, delicious cuisine and exotic destinations—from the Core Worlds to the Outer Rim and beyond. Chandrila Star Line’s legendary Purgill-class starcruisers were some of the first commercial vessels to offer hyperdrive travel, and their spirit of adventure continues to this day.
Rest assured that in these times of galactic conflict, Chandrila Star Line operates with the utmost care, and encounters with either the First Order or the Resistance are rare. While itineraries do occasionally experience some disruptions due to the unrest in certain parts of the galaxy, Chandrila Star Line starcruisers are well equipped with the latest shield and turbolaser technology to defend themselves in the unlikely event of dire circumstances—which are never an issue.
Well, almost never.
The Halcyon starcruiser is the jewel of the Chandrila Star Line. Onboard the 100-cabin Corellian MPO-1400 model starcruiser, you’ll voyage to the far reaches of the galaxy in legendary comfort and style. Recently refurbished and reoutfitted, the starcruiser combines modern conveniences with the romance of the age of exploration.
Departure and Return Information
You will depart and return from your voyage aboard the starcruiser at the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Terminal, conveniently located at Walt Disney World Resort.
Please be aware that if you choose not to allow us to collect certain data, Disney may not be able to deliver certain experiences, products, and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences to create a personalized experience.
Start Planning Your Disney Vacation Today!
More Disney News Stories
Many first-time travelers do not comprehend how large Walt Disney World is truly. With four theme parks, two water parks, 32 resorts, Disney Springs, and EPSN Wide World of Sports, it can be daunting navigating the area. Thankfully, in most cases, a Disney World map...
Are you looking to be a travel agent, AKA Disney Travel agent job?Do you love to travel?Is Disney World, Universal Studios, Or many Cruising something you already help your friends with for their vacations? If so, please contact us about being a Pixie at Pixie...
Lisa and I also love Disney Cruise Line. We have been on every Disney Cruise Line ship and what makes these Disney cruises extra special is when you book a Disney Cruise that has a theme. Right now there is a Marvel Day at Sea, and Pixar Day at Sea, as well...
A Disney Cruise can be an expensive vacation. But I believe the cost of a Disney cruise is well worth what you pay because of the Value you get for your vacation dollars on a Disney Cruise. What does a short Disney Cruise cost? I ran the numbers for you and here...
Disney Vacation Packages - There are several ways to save on your Disney Vacation. We have Disney World Discounts that can save you money on your Disney World Resort Room as well as Disney World vacation packages that can save you money on your entire Disney...