As we head into Earth Month, it’s a great time to reflect on our personal relationship with our beautiful planet and how we can all care for the world we share. Whether it’s reducing your own ecological footprint, planting a tree, creating a butterfly garden or learning more about wildlife and conservation, all of these efforts unite us as we do our part to protect nature’s treasures. And while Disney theme parks celebrate all living things every day, during the annual Earth Day Celebration there’s an added opportunity for Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park Guests to connect with the magic of nature through engaging activities designed to educate and inspire the whole family.
From April 18 to 24, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will host limited-time experiences including unique Disney character appearances, fun learning opportunities, specialty merchandise, themed food and beverage, a new Wilderness Explorer activity and more. Here’s a look at what’s in store to spark Guests’ curiosity about wildlife and inspire their own conservation efforts:
- The Animation Experience at Conservation Station shows how Disney Artists bring favorite characters to life by using animals for inspiration. For the Earth Day Celebration and the month of April, Guests can learn to draw characters – including Dumbo, Terk, Squirt, Shere Khan, Simba and Scar – whose real-life counterparts represent amazing stories of conservation work around the globe.
- Guests can catch a glimpse of some special characters who will join other favorite Disney pals on Discovery River Character Cruises.
- Guests can nosh around the park sampling Earth Day eats, including a selection of limited-time specialty cupcakes: the Creature Comfort’s Honey Bee Cupcake, the strawberry-flavored Flamingo Cupcake at Flame Tree Barbecue, or the Sea Turtle Graham Cracker Cupcake (plus the Crave the Wave cocktail!) at Restaurantosaurus Lounge. These treats are only available for a limited time.
- Guests can set out on a series of self-guided, nature-themed challenges and earn a special Wilderness Explorer limited-time Earth Day Nature badge.
- Guests can hunt for an Earth Day 2021 limited-edition Te Fiti Moana trading pin. They can also support the Disney Conservation Fund by purchasing a cuddly plush inspired by species that call Disney’s Animal Kingdom home; or check out Island Mercantile’s eco-friendly water bottles, tumblers and reusable bags that promote sustainability.
- Any time Guests visit the park, they can marvel at unique animals and meet the newest arrivals. Most recently, the park welcomed the birth of Ranger, and Guests can get a glimpse of the rambunctious five-month-old white rhino calf and his crash on their journey aboard Kilimanjaro Safaris. While on safari, Guests can also keep an eye out for two young Masai giraffe who were born a few months ago, and playful Nigerian dwarf goats that hang out at the warden’s outpost.
- Disney PhotoPass Service captures magical memories with special in-park Earth Day backgrounds and Magic Shots, including an all-new photo opportunity. In addition, Earth Day screen savers and Zoom backgrounds can be downloaded from the My Disney Experience PhotoPass gallery.
- Beginning April 2, Guests can watch as artisans transform 40 tons of sand into a detailed sculpture celebrating National Geographic’s “Secrets of the Whales,” an original series streaming on Disney+ on Earth Day. The intricate sculpted masterpiece will be located on the Discovery Island Stage until April 30.
Start Planning Your Disney Vacation Today!
More Disney News Stories
Hi! My name is Courtney Giddings, I would love to help plan a wonderful vacation for you! I spent my childhood living in Southern California and it was a kids dream! I was able to visit Disneyland Park and California Adventure on a regular basis, that is where my...
As Disneyland previously announced, Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks plan to reopen to Guests on April 30, 2021. Disneyland looks forward to welcoming you back to the Disneyland Resort! Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will reopen on April...
The magic is here and we want to help Guests find it! Tweens who step into The Most Magical Place on Earth are in for the coolest vacation ever. Of course, there are roller coasters and thrill attractions of all kinds, and there’s much more. With so many classic and...
Super Heroes Assemble! As we’ve all been anticipating, we’re pleased to share that Avengers Campus—an entirely new land dedicated to discovering, recruiting and training the next generation of Super Heroes—will open June 4, 2021 at the Disneyland Resort! At this fully...
? EPCOT is a park about people – about our hopes, our dreams and the magic in imagining the impossible and making that a reality. That idea is at the heart of creativity and our inspiration for everything we are doing as the park undergoes a historic transformation....