We are looking for a few new people to join us at Pixie Vacations.
Pixie Vacations started 9 years ago by two past Disney World employees. In the beginning we had a focus on just Disney vacations, but as we have grown we are now a full service travel agency. We have travel planners to still are specialist in specific destinations and others that are full service agents. We have been featured on Disney, CNN, NBC, ABC, and are top seller of travel for Disney Destinations, Universal, Sandals and Beaches Resorts…
We are looking for people that want to work from home, work their own hours, and have the drive and sales experience to help consumers with their bucket list vacations.
We are not a call center where calls come into you to service. Our travel planners work with each client to get to know them and to become their travel planner for life. We are looking for people that are influencers in their community. We will train you on travel destinations like Disney, Universal Studios, Royal Caribbean, Sandals Resorts, etc., but you need your own marketing plan to obtain clients and close sales.
What you need to be a Travel Planner
- In addition to general sales experience, you must be a US citizen and have no criminal record.
- As an travel specialist of Pixie Vacations, you are representing the whole company. We ask that you are kind and friendly, while at the same time, you have to be professional and serious. For some, this is a once-in-a-lifetime vacation, and they have saved for a long time to do it.
- You must have excellent verbal and written skills. You must be organized and have excellent computer skills. You need your own resources. A PC, Internet access, a mobile phone are needed of course so you can do your job as a travel planner.
- You will have to determine what will make the best vacation for your clients. The perfect get-away for you might not be the best for your client. You will have to listen to the clients’ wants and needs (and budget), and then make the best recommendations based on what you learn.
- You have to have a good sales personality. Although most clients are eager to book a vacation, you still have to be a ‘salesman.’ You need connections and circles with contacts.
- You need a place to draw from and build your business. You can’t just put an ad in the community paper, sit back, and watch the leads roll in. You need a marketing plan, funds and the drive to execute on your goal to be a successful travel agent. We will help you learn Disney destinations, Cruise Lines, All-Inclusive Resorts, River Cruises… but you need to be active in communities and social circles in your community so you have a group of people that already know you and that will plan their vacation with you.
- Being a Pixie Vacations travel planner takes a lot of work, and we expect sales. We want to see you booking an average of one vacation per month, only to increase with time. This is not a position for the hobbyist.
- What is your sales action plan? How will you get in front of people to sell vacation experiences?