Lunar New Year, the joyous celebration at Disney California Adventure® Park taking place Jan. 17 through Feb. 9, 2020, commemorates traditions of Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures.
This year, Disneyland is celebrating the Year of the Mouse with 24 days of multicultural entertainment and musical performances, fun-filled activities, beautiful décor, delicious cuisine, specialty merchandise and more.
Let’s take a look at what’s in store this Lunar New Year:
- “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession” – Celebratory parade led by Mulan that honors Lunar New Year and dedicates the new year’s blessings to family and friendship. Talented performers bring dance, martial arts and drumming to enhance the beautifully colorful procession, which will run several times, daily.
- “Hurry Home – Lunar New Year Celebration” – Nighttime water show at Paradise Bay prior to “World of Color,” which tells the tale of a little lantern’s quest to reunite with family for the annual celebration of good luck and fortune.
- Disney Character Encounters – Beloved characters Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will don new festive Lunar New Year attire this year as they greet Guests at Paradise Gardens. Your Clients may also see Mulan, Pluto, and the Three Little Pigs.
- Asian Cuisine – You can enjoy four festive marketplaces to experience delightful food and beverages inspired by Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, including Longevity Noodle Co., Lucky 8 Lantern, Prosperity Bao & Buns and Red Dragon Spice Traders. If you are looking to taste your way through the marketplaces, the popular Sip and Savor pass* will be available for purchase.
- Entertainment – Live, daily performances by authentic Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese dancers and musicians will take place throughout Paradise Gardens Park.
- Kid-friendly Crafts and Activities – You can enjoy complimentary arts and crafts, including dragon’s pearl coloring craft and Chinese calligraphy with local artisans. Plus, new face painting opportunities have been added to the celebration, available for purchase.
- Lucky Wishing Wall – After strolling beneath strings of ornamental lanterns in Paradise Gardens, Guests can write down wishes and tie them to the wall in hopes for a prosperous future.Commemorative Merchandise – You can discover all-new spirit jerseys, fun bobble-head figures with Chip and Dale, a traditional red envelope set, themed Minnie Mouse ear headbands and more.
*Sip and Savor Pass entitlements may only be redeemed during regular Lunar New Year celebration operating hours, and the Pass expires on February 9, 2020. Each coupon may be redeemed for one (1) food or nonalcoholic beverage item at a participating Marketplace location. Excludes novelties including souvenir tumblers. No discounts apply. Nonrefundable, nontransferable, may not be redeemed for cash (in whole or in part), no substitutions and no change given. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Separate Theme Park admission required.
Start Planning Your Disney Vacation Today!
More Disney News Stories
Avoiding Disney December Crowds For December at Disney World, try and go the first week of December. Also the second week of December can be good. If you are heading to Disney World for mid - late December you definitely need a touring plan. Book Disney Fastpasses...
Winter comes to Orlando Florida just like any place else. But you can definatly have sunny warm days in November in Orlando and that makes for a perfect time to take a Walt Disney World Vacation. Crowd levels at Walt Disney World in November can be a mixed bag. ...
Disney World in the Fall can be a great time to vacation with the family. Halloween is just around the corner and the Magic Kingdom does an amazing job with their extra event at night, Mickey's Not-so-scary Halloween party. Also October finally starts to cool off in...
September at Walt Disney World is a perfect time to vacation at the mouse. The September Disney crowds are lighter with Summer being slower at Disney World now that kids back in school. September is also one of my favorite time to vacation at Walt Disney World...
August crowds at Disney World are worth a look into before planning your late Disney summer vacation. August can still have hot weather in Orlando Florida and still Summer vacations. There is also the beginning of Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival opening...