The special series on the 50th anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World Resort continues today with an exciting look at some of the EARidescent magic Guests can now discover at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
Whether it’s the iconic Hollywood Tower Hotel glowing brightly as a magnificent Beacon of Magic, delicious celebratory sips and bites or 50th anniversary celebration merchandise, Disney’s Hollywood Studios is glimmering like never before – calling Guests to experience new and once-in-a-lifetime offerings.
Disney chefs and mixologists have created an amazing lineup of celebratory treats made especially for the 50th anniversary celebration. The sips and bites are full of color, whimsy, and a touch of EARidescent shimmer and here’s where Guests can find each treat at Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
Trolley Car Café
- Glimmer and Shimmer Pineapple Mousse – Golden pineapple mousse on a toasted coconut crisp with caramel cream and matcha sponge cake
The Hollywood Brown Derby
- Filet Mignon with Walt’s Hash topped with an egg (just the way Walt liked it!)
- 50th Celebration Baked Alaska – Layers of strawberry-basil sorbet, vanilla gelato, and sponge cake coated in toasted meringue and caramelized brownie bites
The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge, Oasis Canteen, Sunshine Day Bar, Animation Bar
- Shimmer over the Moon – Apple pie moonshine, amaretto, falernum, pineapple juice, and club soda served with a souvenir glow cube
- Chocolate Mousse – Raspberry-dark chocolate mousse, chocolate-almond cake, and a layer of hazelnut crunch and whipped chocolate-hazelnut cheesecake
- Caramel Apple Tart – Spiced Caramel-Cheesecake Mousse, Apple-dusted in Gold, and served atop a Cinnamon-Apple Tart
Backlot Express and Fairfax Fare
- Glimmer and Shimmer Blondie – Gooey toffee and toasted coconut blondie with salted caramel buttercream and festive gold nuggets
- Glimmer and Shimmer Funnel Cake – Funnel cake with cookies ‘n cream and soft-serve vanilla ice cream topped with golden cookies and sprinkles
Rosie’s All-American Café
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios 50th Celebration Sandwich Cookie – Celebrating the 50th Anniversary with a pretzel shortbread cookie with strawberry jam and peanut butter-chocolate fudge
Trolley Car Café
- Pumpkin Mousse – Milk chocolate-chai mousse filled with pumpkin bread set atop a chocolate shortbread cookie and vanilla buttercream
In & Around The Park
- Glimmer and Shimmer Churros
- Mickey Glimmer and Shimmer Brownie – Chocolaty Mickey brownie with celebratory shimmery sprinkles
During the 50th anniversary celebration, Walt Disney World Resort theme park icons are also transforming into magnificent Beacons of Magic at night, beckoning all to come and celebrate. And at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the iconic Hollywood Tower Hotel is a sight to see!
This magical destination is shining and evoking the glimmer and shimmer of the golden age of imagination and adventure!
In the park, Guests can also find the “Disney Fab 50 Character Collection” – with each statue paying homage to the past 50 years of Walt Disney World while also ushering us into the next 50 years.
The beautiful golden statues at Disney’s Hollywood Studios include fan favorites R2-D2 and BB-8, Woody and Bo Peep, Sebastian and Flounder, Joe Gardener, Edna Mode and Frozone.
For the 18-month celebration, dazzling decorations and magical touches can be found throughout Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Disney teams have created all sorts of new decorations that shimmer and sparkle all day and into the night!
Also, be sure to look high and low at the park for even more EARidescent magic! Balloons have been a guest favorite since day one at Walt Disney World Resort and for the 50th anniversary celebration, Guests can enjoy special bouquets of balloons shimmering like never before at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
During their next visit, Guests can pick up a special edition park guide map created for the 50th anniversary celebration. The Disney Hollywood Studios guide map features the Hollywood Tower Hotel on the cover and includes great information on all of the celebratory food and beverages, special merchandise and more!
And don’t forget there’s even more magic to discover at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, a thrilling and ever-evolving destination where Guests can let the adventure begin! From amazing attractions like Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway to out-of-this-Galaxy experiences at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and whimsical fun at Toy Story Land, excitement awaits every turn.
Start Planning Your Disney Vacation Today!
More Disney News Stories
? For a limited time, You can save $250 per person on the Grand Canyon, Bryce, and Zion National Parks (Sept. 19, 2022) departure. You can also save $350 per person on select Signature Land international departures, including Italy: Renaissance Cities and Tuscan Life...
This summer, Walt Disney World Resort will launch their newest wearable, MagicBand+, followed later this year by the “Hey Disney!” digital voice assistant. Both products will enhance guest visits throughout the 50th anniversary celebration and beyond. If you already...
As international festivals continue to become more of an integral part of the EPCOT experience, Disney Imagineers are creating new spaces that will bring these events into the heart of the park in the new World Celebration neighborhood. In several new artist...
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is a revolutionary two-night experience where you are the heroes. Seven new cabin tour videos are now available to view here YouTube channel. These video tours offer an inside look at each of the cabin types, from a Standard...
Sometimes, I experience things that remind me that I am older than some. For example, I remember before Happy Meals existed at McDonald’s. In addition, I remember Walt Disney World annual passes costing less than $200. Fortunately, this article possesses no...